People who love a tidy and spacious bedroom prefer to buy beds with drawers due to their ability to store things and save space. Your room can look better when clutter is removed and you can freely design it according to your preferences. Although there are many advantages to storage beds, you should also be aware that they have disadvantages as well.
If you plan to buy a storage bed, check these pros and cons first before you finally decide to buy one.
1. It can save a lot of space to save space is one of the best assets in storage beds. Most manufacturers will use almost all of the space in the bed just to give you a more organized compartment to store your valuables. Like a bed-shaped wardrobe, it has drawers that you can easily open.
2. Clean and spacious bedroom: Unlike typical beds, such as those with a spring mattress, where you cannot store things underneath, beds with drawers do the job of storing efficiently. Since you can store everything you want, you will have a clean and tidy bedroom and your space will be expanded. By then, it would be easier for you to lay out the bedroom to your preferred layout, and cleanliness won’t be a problem as your dusty things are stored in tightly sealed storage under your bed.
3. Stunning design – simplicity is beauty! Most storage beds are top-notch when it comes to design. At the first glance, you will see how simple and elegant it is and most of the time you will not notice the drawers underneath. Its solid construction makes it an ideal bed for small rooms, and since it comes in a wide variety of materials, wood, plastic, metal or mixed, it would be easy to find the one that suits your taste.
1. Too bulky and heavy to transport – This is one of the biggest problems when buying a storage bed. Due to its solid construction with all the drawers and compartments, it is too heavy to carry that it will not slide easily through the doors. Therefore, it will not be ideal for those who live in condos, apartments or for people who tend to move from one place to another.
2. “Jack of all trade-master of none”: This is true in some cases, such as the storage bed. Since it is as an all-in-one product, you would not expect its use as a bed and as a drawer to have the same level of excellence when it comes to quality. There may be faults in the knobs, the closing of the drawers, etc.
Based on the pros and cons, we can see that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of storage beds with drawers. However, it is in our own discernment whether it is ideal for our home or not, especially if we live in a high-rise and closed space area (such as apartments), where it is difficult to transport the bed.